Single Boot Kali
How to Installing Kali Linux on your computer is an easy process. First, you will need compatible computer hardware. Kali Linux is supported your computer on i386, amd64, and ARM (both armel and armhf) platforms. The that hardware requirements are minimal as listed below, hardware will naturally provide better performance.
The i386 images have a default PAE kernel, can run them on systems with over 4GB RAM. Download Kali Linux and burn the ISO to DVD, or prepare a USB with Kali as the installation medium. DVD drive or USB port on your computer If you do not have a , check out the Kali Linux Network Install.
What is kali linux
Kali Linux Security Distribution of specifically designed for penetration testing & digital forensics.Developed by Devon Kearns.
- A minimum of 20 GB disk space for the Kali Linux install in your computer.
- RAM for i386 and amd64 architectures, minimum: 1GB, recommended: 2GB or more.
- CD-DVD Drive / USB boot support
Preparing for the Installation
- Download Kali.
- ISO or Image Kali Linux Live to USB.
- Computer is set to boot from CD / USB in your BIOS.
Kali Linux Installation Procedure
- To start your installations, boot with your chosen installation medium. You should be greeted with the Kali linux Boot screen. Choose either Graphical and Text-Mode installs. In this example, we chose a graphical install your pc.
2.Select your preferred language as a English and then your country location. You will also be prompted to configure your keyboard with the appropriate key map.
3. Specify your geographic location.
4. The kali linux are installer your pc will copy the image to your hard disk, probe your network interfaces, and then prompt you to enter a hostname . In the example below, entered “kali” as hostname.
5. You may optionally provide a default domain name for this system to use.
6. Next, create the user account for the system.
7. Next, set your time zone.
8. Instal will now probe your disk and offers you four choice. In example are, we are using the entire disk on our computers and not configuring Logical Volume Manager. Experienced users can use the partitioning method for more granular configuration options. “Manual”
9. Select the disk to be partitioned
10. Depend your needs, you can choose to keep all your files in a single partition — the default — or to have separate partitions for one or more of the top-level directories. If you are not sure which you want, you want “All files in one partition”.
11. Next, you will have one last chance to review your disk configuration before the installer makes irreversible changes. After you click Continue, the installer go to work and youll have an almost finished.
12. Configure network mirrors. Kali central repository to distribute application. your need to enter any appropriate proxy info as need.
NOTE! If you select “NO” in this screen, you will NOT be able to install from Kali repositories.
13. Next, install GRUB.
14. Select which meta packages you would like to install, and then hit continue.
15. Finally, click Continue to reboot into your new Kali installation.
Now that you’ve completed install Kali Linux in your computer, it is time to customize your system. The Kali General Use section of our site has more info and you can also find tips on how to get the most out of Kali in our User Forums.
Updated on: 2020-Feb-22